RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Up for adoption: California Copycat

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
      Email to contact@... with the GC# of the cache and the username
      of the person who is adopting it. It usually takes a day or so.

      Scott Robuck
      Team GeoDillo
      N 30° 12.4'
      W 97° 50.4'

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
        Message
              I was able to post an interesting personal milestone today, almost
        got two... go to GC4751 and check out my log.....

        Drag

      • Cybercat
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
          Message
           ROFLMAO!  that has got to be one of the best stories I've heard.  You are pushing the envelope of OBSESSION!  ( Isn't it fun?)
          Jana
                I was able to post an interesting personal milestone today, almost
          got two... go to GC4751 and check out my log.....

          Drag

        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
            Message
            The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport!  Sure keeps life interesting, huh!!!!!!
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
              I was parked in my own neighborhood at the parking coordinates for
              "Seige of Vicksburg" and was going to log the cache at night because I
              had finally solved the code.

              It was dark but not too late. After bushwacking across the creek and
              up a hill about 300 yds away I looked back to the truck and noticed
              someone was pulled up behind and was looking in with a flashlight!!

              I went tearing through the brush and cactus and rocks in the dark and
              when I burst through the cover and hollered, the Deputy Sheriff was
              NOT amused to say the least! He was on the phone and asking my wife
              what was up with my truck being parked in such an odd place at night...

              They've been monitoring traffic because of a series of thefts and such
              in the subdivision.

              After some initial unpleasantness we had a laugh about it but it WAS
              pretty interesting for a minute or two!!!!

              (Didn't stop me from going back out and logging the smiley though! :')

              <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
              > The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport! Sure keeps
              life interesting, huh!!!!!!
              > Julie

            • Henry Rohlfs
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                Well Gary you look suspicious to start with!

                The best experience I've had with law enforcement was when I was
                looking for the Rock on FM 1826 past Salt Lick. My GPS wasn't great and
                it was drizzly, so I kept walking back and forth, back and forth along
                the road to get an indication of where I should be. A sheriff's officer
                pulls up to make sure I'm ok and being good ;-). I showed him mine and
                he showed me his... uh, GPS receiver, that is. After I explained caching
                to him, he jokingly asked if I wanted to borrow his to find the Rock!

                After all that, I still couldn't find the silly thing! Buried upside
                down in a clump of grass! Hmmph!

                Great story Drag, and I gotta put that one down in the "How to Get Out
                of a Ticket" book.

                Henry
                DivasDude

                >>> gpayne16@... 1/28/2005 10:08:26 AM >>>

                <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                > The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport! Sure keeps
                life interesting, huh!!!!!!
                > Julie

              • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                  Don't ever conduct your "affairs" at the end of the road near the Wildflower Center! Once TxBigfoot and I were looking for the Rock outside the center and after about 5 minutes of looking, out jumps the security guard from behind the wall. He'd been surveiling us the whole time (THANK GOD WE DIDN'T LET OUR FEET GO OFF THE PAVEMENT BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR TRAMPLING FLOWERS FOR SURE!!!) And he proceeded to tell us how he "surveils" the people "parking" down at the end of the road and enjoys shining his light into the car and watching the clothing fly! You might THINK you're alone, but you're NOT! And don't say I didn't warn ya'!

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-ra5686 <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                  > The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport! Sure keeps
                  life interesting, huh!!!!!!
                  > Julie

                • Randell Pitts
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005

                    ROFL!!  I’ve never heard “looking for the rock” before as an explanation for…never mind.

                     It’s a novel euphemism though.  ;)

                    PS- if you’ve been “looking for the rock” for over five minutes, and you haven’t found it, you need to retake a few classes from high school biology…that, or find a different “rock” to look for…

                    Don't ever conduct your "affairs" at the end of the road near the Wildflower Center!  Once TxBigfoot and I were looking for the Rock outside the center and after about 5 minutes of looking, out jumps the security guard from behind the wall.  He'd been surveiling us the whole time (THANK GOD WE DIDN'T LET OUR FEET GO OFF THE PAVEMENT BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR TRAMPLING FLOWERS FOR SURE!!!)  And he proceeded to tell us how he "surveils" the people "parking" down at the end of the road and enjoys shining his light into the car and watching the clothing fly!  You might THINK you're alone, but you're NOT!  And don't say I didn't warn ya'!

                    Well Gary you look suspicious to start with!

                    The best experience I've had with law enforcement was when I was looking for the Rock on FM 1826 past Salt Lick. My GPS wasn't great and it was drizzly, so I kept walking back and forth, back and forth along the road to get an indication of where I should be. A sheriff's officer pulls up to make sure I'm ok and being good ;-). I showed him mine and he showed me his... uh, GPS receiver, that is. After I explained caching to him, he jokingly asked if I wanted to borrow his to find the Rock!

                    After all that, I still couldn't find the silly thing! Buried upside down in a clump of grass! Hmmph!

                    Great story Drag, and I gotta put that one down in the "How to Get Out of a Ticket" book.

                    Henry
                    DivasDude

                    >>> gpayne16@... 1/28/2005 10:08:26 AM >>>

                    I was parked in my own neighborhood at the parking coordinates for "Seige of Vicksburg" and was going to log the cache at night because I had finally solved the code.

                    It was dark but not too late.  After bushwacking across the creek and up a hill about 300 yds away I looked back to the truck and noticed someone was pulled up behind and was looking in with a flashlight!!

                    I went tearing through the brush and cactus and rocks in the dark and when I burst through the cover and hollered, the Deputy Sheriff was NOT amused to say the least! He was on the phone and asking my wife what was up with my truck being parked in such an odd place at night...

                    They've been monitoring traffic because of a series of thefts and such in the subdivision.

                    After some initial unpleasantness we had a laugh about it but it WAS pretty interesting for a minute or two!!!!

                    (Didn't stop me from going back out and logging the smiley though! :')

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-ra5686 <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                    > The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport!  Sure keeps
                    life interesting, huh!!!!!!
                    > Julie

                  • dscherer1966
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                      Besides the funnest moment with MCP, the week the Geopoker cache
                      was placed I headed out there after work, whcih was about 11 pm. I
                      had ny new headlight on and parked in the lonlely wuiet park. On my
                      way back in I found this great SWBT grey pipe which I was going to
                      use as a container for a future cache. SO here i am carrying this
                      pipe and wearing my light tromping through a park after hours. I get
                      near the car and see 4 APD cars witrh lights on, then I see 3 big
                      flashlights coming towards me. Imagine seeing some big dufus
                      carrying a large pipe and wearing a healamp in a park after hours
                      trying to explain thae "I am looking for a box in the middle of the
                      park that has a CD of my dog who had just died the week before in
                      it". They believed me, but they took my pipe and took my name and
                      address for the DB.

                      Dan

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Randell Pitts"
                      <agfltmedic@y...> wrote:
                      > ROFL!! I've never heard "looking for the rock" before as an
                      explanation
                      > for.never mind.
                      >

                      > It's a novel euphemism though. ;)

                      > PS- if you've been "looking for the rock" for over five minutes,
                      and you
                      > haven't found it, you need to retake a few classes from high school
                      > biology.that, or find a different "rock" to look for.

                      subject=Unsubscri
                      > be>

                      > _____

                      subject=Unsubscri
                      > be>

                      of
                    • Grajek
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                        During the first "Hot Potato" which was not very long after 911 I was
                        out near Mansfield damn hunting the Spud around 10pm, when DPS showed up
                        and wanted to know what some guy was doing with a back pack on wandering
                        around, in the dark by the damn. They were pretty nice about the whole
                        thing but My wife was with me and she was not too happy about trying to
                        explain the game to DPS. I felt pretty stupid trying to explain
                        Geocaching and the Hot Potato game. The double whammy.

                        <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                        > The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport! Sure keeps
                        life interesting, huh!!!!!!
                        > Julie

                        scribe>

                        Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
                      • Karen
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                          Funny! My one and only experience with the police was also during the Spud
                          game! (Never park your car in the back of a shopping center late at night
                          ( 1am).

                          <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                          > The stupid, crazy, wacky things we do for our sport! Sure keeps
                          life interesting, huh!!!!!!
                          > Julie

                        • Gary O. Payne
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 29, 2005
                            :.) Henry I'm sorry about that...I wasn't thinking clearly when I put
                            the rock upside down!! That's the first I've heard of the sheriff story
                            though! LOL

                            I've passed "The Rock That Rolls -101" laid down (...er taught) by
                            moosiegirl since then and you'll not find me "hiding" the rock anymore.