MSN's MapPoint service displays an unusually long route between two Norwegian ci

  • Roger Banks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
      In case you were planning on geocaching in Norway.

      http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/mappoint.asp

      -- Roger
    • Kevin Dytrich
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Banks"
        <unclerojelio@s...> wrote:

        > In case you were planning on geocaching in Norway.
        >
        > http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/mappoint.asp
        >
        > -- Roger

        You know; this isn't as far fetched as it looks. The country between
        the two cities is some of the most desolate in Norway. It's home to
        Norway'e highest mountain, Galdopiggen and Europe's highest glaciers.
        There's not a heck of a lot of roads in the area due the extremely
        rugged terrain. But there is at least one or two ways to get there
        without having to do what Mappoint says.

        It's where I saw my first URP back in 1985.