CITO - It's My Park Day

  • Kevin (Koos Koos)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
      The annual park clean up/project day is coming up in April and I'm
      thinking about serving as a host again.

      If anyone knows of any City of Austin parks with a lot of trash, I'll
      be happy to set up a CITO event and invite everyone. If not, I'll
      just sign up to host and let APF select the location.

      It will be on April 23 (a week after the gc.com CITO 2005) and
      details are available on the Austin Parks Foundation site:

      http://www.austinparks.org/ItsMyParkDay.html

      Thoughts?
    • Trey Bielefeld
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
        Don't know of any parks in need of serious geocacher cleaning, but I'm in
        for the 23rd of April.

        Trey

        > The annual park clean up/project day is coming up in April and I'm
        > thinking about serving as a host again.
        >
        > If anyone knows of any City of Austin parks with a lot of trash, I'll
        > be happy to set up a CITO event and invite everyone. If not, I'll
        > just sign up to host and let APF select the location.
        >
        > It will be on April 23 (a week after the gc.com CITO 2005) and
        > details are available on the Austin Parks Foundation site:
        >
        > http://www.austinparks.org/ItsMyParkDay.html
        >
        > Thoughts?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Perrine Julie-ra5686
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
          Bartholomew Park near the old airport was pretty trashed out a while ago.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
            Hey,

            I'm not from Austin, but I go up there often. I'm gonna try to get the day
            off (April 23rd) so that I can join you guys for a fun day of picking up
            trash.

            Anthony

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
              Dottie Jordan in NE Austin is in need of clean up (and
              has been for a long time). The creek is always full of
              trash and junk and many interesting items. There are
              some really great fossils too.

              Kirsten

            • Barry Watson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
                Message
                My vote is for the area where Wanted: The Outlaw! in Oak Hill is.  It is just north of Longview Park in the corner of Brodie and William Cannon.  On our trek through all of those bike trails we saw enough beer cans that if we collected them for recycling, we could retire!  Or at least pay for the 2004 Cache Awards party.....

                Doc Geo & Wife