RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] milestones

  • Grajek
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2003

      Congrats. Have been watching the cannon ball race and didn’t think Toby could do it early on. 300+ in a year is still pretty good. Thanks for your clever caches have enjoyed them a lot.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 13, 2007

          Hi!

          Welcome to geocaching!  It is fun and the local group is also fun in person.

          Uh, "How to talk nice to law enforcement"?  Sounds like a tale there!!  Are you gonna cough up or wait until you attend an event to tell us? <G>

          Russ the waterweasel

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 13, 2007
            congrats!
            As Obi Wan said to Luke (paraphrased): you've begun a journey into a much
            larger world.
            (or something like that)

            see you on the trails!

            On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:41:16 -0500 Jenny Black <madrona@...>
            writes:
            > howdy all!
            >
            > we just hit 52! almost half came from our vacation last week in port
            >
            > aransas, where there are some devilishly tricky hides. what a
            > wonderful obsession we have stumbled on. it's a great educational
            > opportunity for our kids - geography, cartography, snake
            > identification, how to talk nice to law enforcement and so on. i
            > look
            > forward to meeting more of y'all out on the trail.
            >
            > many thanks!
            >
            > jenny black
            > aka madrona and the black catz

            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            Some may wonder why I chose wildflowers when there are hunger and
            unemployment and the big bomb in the world. Well, I, for one, think we
            will survive, and I hope that along the way we can keep alive our
            experience with the flowering earth. For the bounty of nature is also one
            of the deep needs of man. --Lady Bird Johnson; 1912-2007
          • Jenny Black
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 13, 2007
              it happened on a lonely road in shertz about a week ago. we were sitting in the car to avoid any additional blood donations to the local skeeters, looking through a cache, when one of shertz's finest drove past. i knew we had some explaining to do when he drove past two more times. he must have been killing time waiting to run my plates. he pulled up behind me and flashed his lights. my darling husband hopped out of the car with the cache container that had a striking likeness to a hefty pipe bomb. he must have realized that he appeared slightly threatening because he put the container down on the back of the car before he put his hands up in the air. we ended up telling this young cop more than he ever wanted to know about caching. i had my laptop in the car and showed him how it all works.

              then we got to explain it to the kids. a great teaching moment, especially the part when our eight year old son asked why the policeman had his hand on his gun when he asked for my license.

              what fun!

              and thanks for the invite, mrs. captain picard. your name has become oft-spoken in our household. i don't know if it's because the kids loved boobie girdlebuns so much or if it's because i envy your handle so. it's probably because i always thought jean luc would propose to me first.

              see y'all out there!

              jenny

              On Jul 13, 2007, at 8:51 PM, Russ Jernigan wrote:

              Hi!

              Welcome to geocaching!  It is fun and the local group is also fun in person.

              Uh, "How to talk nice to law enforcement"?  Sounds like a tale there!!  Are you gonna cough up or wait until you attend an event to tell us? <G>

              Russ the waterweasel

            • Julie Perrine
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 13, 2007
                Oh, Jenny, Jenny.  There can only be ONE Mrs. Captain Picard, and it was I who was fastest to the name registration website!

                LOL!

                Cheers,
                Julie
                Mrs. Captain Picard,

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 15, 2007

                  Gee, I had almost the same conversation (minus the "pipe bomb") with a Bell County Deputy just yesterday . . . <G>

                  Russ the waterweasel

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 20, 2009
                    I see that KitKat54 found her 900th cache yesterday in San Antonio!  WTG!
                  • gumbietygress
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 20, 2009
                      Happy Day! Caloo Callay!
                      Way to go!

                      On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:38:46 -0800 (PST) Joanne Comer
                      <jamico28@...> writes:

                      I see that KitKat54 found her 900th cache yesterday in San Antonio! WTG!

                      There is only so much you can do -- but you have to do that much.
                      Garrison Keillor, News from Lake Woebegon 11/21/09
                      Hotel
                      Hotel pics, info and virtual tours. Click here to book a hotel online.
                      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=Wngkoki-wzoQZI29mHOXCQAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=
                    • Cybercat
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 20, 2009
                        WooHoo!  WTG!!!
                        I see that KitKat54 found her 900th cache yesterday in San Antonio!  WTG!