RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Geo-Bowling - My New Year's Resoluti on

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      Message
      same format as last year?
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Trey Bielefeld [mailto:treyb@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 12:37 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Geo-Bowling - My New Year's Resolution

      txga.net is reporting the Texas Challenge to be on

      March 12th, 2005 ~ Cedar Hill State Park
      Cedar Hill, Texas (15 miles south of Dallas)

      On 1/3/2005 12:20:19 PM, centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > I'm going to do it!  I'm really going to do it!  I spent all of last
      > year kicking around an idea for an event that would combine the
      > elements of geocaching with the scoring/game format of bowling.  This
      > year I'm going to make it happen.
      >
      > What good is a resolution without taking any action?  So I need some
      > help with the date.  This would be a full day affair in a park so it
      > needs to occur before it gets too hot.  April is out because of the
      > Austin Bowling Association City Tournament.  So that leaves late
      > March (avoiding Easter) or early May.  Does anyone know when the
      > Texas Challenge will be?  Any preferences?
      >
      > Lil J of JNJWalla

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        John, just a few words of advice before you submit your event. Be sure to use the words "talk about geocaching" in the notes. SERIOUSLY.

        GC.com just updated the rules for events partly because of my problem with my biking event that got disapproved. The new rules say that you can have just about any activity going on, but events are for "talking about geocaching". If you include those words, I'm not sure they can turn it down.

        No preference on the dates.

        Can't wait!