Caches you are missing...

  • lowracer
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
      Texas now leads Terracaching.com with 46 total caches. If you're not
      on terracaching.com yet, what are you waiting for? 532 registered
      members as of this morning. You won't find most of these caches
      anywhere else, and we're just getting started:

      nanophobia by Disco Stu
      How do you measure up? by sportracker
      That's my Storey... by Trekkerette
      THE FOUR TOWER CACHE by PARKERPLUS
      Bam Bam's Stash by TerraTrekker
      Bushwacker's Paradise by sportracker
      LBJ House by mr.benchmark
      Loss of Signal by mr.benchmark
      Big Balls by geowyz
      The Brotherhood of the Rings by geowyz
      Visions by MMACH 5
      Eastern Eclectic by NoseCone
      Not Quite Frostbitten by bennet
      Hidey Hole, Bears in the Woods by Captain J
      A Puzzle Cache Not at the Listed Coordinates #1
      GQ's Serendipity by Geek-Qualizer
      An Apple a Day by cybercat
      Spur of the Moment by Grajek
      Rock On by Team GeoDillo
      Knot A Cache by Captain J
      Monticola by lowracer
      Panic FACTOR by lowracer
      GQ's HTH #1 "Muggle Wasteland" by Geek-Qualizer
      GQ's HTH #2 "Treacherous Trail" by Geek-Qualizer
      Hamm Creek (deserted) by perseid88
      Joe's by cybercat
      Mark Twain by Bosun
      SockPuppet Throws Down the Gauntlet! by SockPuppet
      Double wrapped for freshness by Captain J
      d'ooppld ogg d'aarya by lowracer
      Another F'n Lightpole Cache?!! by geowyz
      A Piece of History by dragnfyr
      Fort Worth's First Terracache by bennet
      Bottoms Up by essiar
      The Slacker Movie Cache by Peeve
      DFW Terracache #1 by 2Xtreme
      Hugh Jass TerraCache by lowracer

      On terracaching.com we enjoy the liberty to place a cache wherever we
      want as long as it's legal. We place moving caches. We place
      code-word caches. We place event caches without jumping through hoops.
      We place caches where you can donate something to the poor. We place
      bike-ride caches, tubing-trip caches, commercial caches, virtual
      caches, and more. The arbitrary cache placement rules are *gone*. Want
      to place a cache 100 feet from another? Go right ahead, who's it going
      to hurt? Don't like your approver? You get to choose your own
      approvers, and if you don't like the way they approve, you can fire
      them and hire someone new. Plenty of friendly faces there to help you
      navigate the system. Many of your Austin friends are on there racking
      up finds and hiding devious caches. Grajek has taken it to new levels
      of snuff-can evil. Team GeoDillo has a moving cache deployed. Night
      caches, puzzles, challenging hikes. You won't find these caches on
      geocaching.com so if you're in it for the thrill of the hunt, c'mon
      over.
    • Alex Alexander
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
        Who runs terracaching.com? I can't find any contact us links or details on
        the site or the forums.

        Alex.

        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
          Terracaching LLC. The head honcho's name is AngryKid (formerly
          SkyDiver on gc.com).

          On Jan 2, 2005, at 7:30 AM, Alex Alexander wrote:

          > Who runs terracaching.com?  I can't find any contact us links or
          > details on
          > the site or the forums.
        • lowracer
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
            This contact info was on the site terms of use link:

            Jonathan Motta
            TerraCaching, LLC.
            P.O. Box 16351
            Missoula, MT 59808

            On Jan 2, 2005, at 7:30 AM, Alex Alexander wrote:

            > Who runs terracaching.com?  I can't find any contact us links or
            > details on
            > the site or the forums.
            >
            > Alex.
            >
            > At 11:53 02/01/2005, you wrote:
            > >Texas now leads Terracaching.com with 46 total caches.  If you're not
            > >on terracaching.com yet, what are you waiting for?  532 registered
            > >members as of this morning.  You won't find most of these caches
            > >anywhere else, and we're just getting started:
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > <121504_y1204_b_300250a.gif>
            > <l.gif>

            > Service.

          • Grajek
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
              Not Jeremy. That’s all you need to know :-)

              At 11:53 02/01/2005, you wrote:
              >Texas now leads Terracaching.com with 46 total caches. If you're not
              >on terracaching.com yet, what are you waiting for? 532 registered
              >members as of this morning. You won't find most of these caches
              >anywhere else, and we're just getting started:

            • Randell Pitts
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
                Ok, so how far did y'all get?

                Tell me

                Tell me

                Tell me

                Tell me

              • Michele Pain
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
                  Hmmmm....well unlike you sluggards, I know know how to get to #2
                  without facing death.

                  On Jan 2, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Randell Pitts wrote:

                  > Ok, so how far did y'all get?
                  >
                  > Tell me
                  >
                  > Tell me
                  >
                  > Tell me
                  >
                  > Tell me

                  > Service.

                • Randell Pitts
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005

                    Ok now, you can’t throw THAT out there without telling the story…

                    Hmmmm....well unlike you sluggards, I know know how to get to #2 without facing death.

                    On Jan 2, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Randell Pitts wrote:

                    Ok, so how far did y'all get?

                    Tell me

                    Tell me

                    Tell me

                    Tell me

                    • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                  • Michele Pain
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 2, 2005
                      here's my post from Jan 10, 04
                      "Well...#1 and #2 done. Only a jillion to go! Very fun. We got #1
                      pretty quickly. On #2 Cathy B. and I made the mistake of bushwacking up
                      the cliffside. There were a couple of times I thought I was going to
                      die. PHEW! Ah but, the sweet smell of success...path right to the cache
                      once we got to the top. I don't know how you do that one easily but I
                      wouldn't recommend our method that's for sure."

                      Wayne told me the secret way. BUT..even better, Lou showed up and
                      SHOWED ME!!!! You are so going to wish you knew when you need to find
                      #2.
                      :-) Shelly

                      On Jan 2, 2005, at 6:44 PM, Michele Pain wrote:

                      > Hmmmm....well unlike you sluggards, I know know how to get to #2
                      > without facing death.
                      >

                      > On Jan 2, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Randell Pitts wrote:
                      >
                      >> Ok, so how far did y'all get?
                      >>
                      >> Tell me
                      >>
                      >> Tell me
                      >>
                      >> Tell me
                      >>
                      >> Tell me

                      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >>
                      >> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                      >>
                      >> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                      >>
                      >> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                      >> Service.

                    • Dan Miner
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                        On tc.com, is there a way to download the first X cache
                        waypoints to a GPSr like there is on the other cache site?
                        Or is there a way to get all waypoints within Z miles
                        from a specific spot downloaded to a GPSr?

                        - Dan

                      • Anthony And Lynn
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                          Does this mean you guys are leaving GC.com? Just wondering.......

                          Anthony

                          On tc.com, is there a way to download the first X cache waypoints to a GPSr
                          like there is on the other cache site?
                          Or is there a way to get all waypoints within Z miles from a specific spot
                          downloaded to a GPSr?

                          - Dan

                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                        • lowracer
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                            Yes. And if you use GSAK, it now correctly imports the GPX file you
                            get from tc.com. So you can mix TC's and GCs in the same GPS unit.
                            Very civilized.

                            On Jan 3, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Dan Miner wrote:

                            > On tc.com, is there a way to download the first X cache
                            > waypoints to a GPSr like there is on the other cache site?
                            > Or is there a way to get all waypoints within Z miles
                            > from a specific spot downloaded to a GPSr?
                          • Roger Banks
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                              yes

                              --
                              ¡è¡ã`¡ã¡è,,¡è¡ã`¡ã¡è¡è¡ã`¡ã¡è,,¡è¡ã`¡ã¡è¡è¡ã`¡ã¡è,,¡è¡ã`¡ã¡è
                              Roger Banks Applied Research Laboratories
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                Past tense.

                                On Jan 3, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Anthony And Lynn wrote:

                                > Does this mean you guys are leaving GC.com?   Just wondering.......
                                >
                                > Anthony
                              • Essiar
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                  Not yet, someone is working on it. I believe it is Robert Lipe of
                                  GPS Babel fame. Currently, you can download a gpx file but will only
                                  get a very small portion of the info

                                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Miner

                                • lowracer
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                    Steve, you might want to check it out, things have advanced quite a
                                    bit. Here is what you get in the GPX file as imported by GSAK. Clyde
                                    is supporting the TC.com site very well, as demand from registered
                                    TC.com GSAK users has warranted:

                                    Coords, waypoint ID (e.g., TC02), cache name, the cache type, found/not
                                    found state of the last several logs, the text of the last several
                                    logs, the text of the cache description, the coordinates, the cache
                                    placer name, placed/found dates. Some fields are markedly different
                                    from GC.com, for instance in GSAK it shows always 1/1 for diff/terrain,
                                    and 'unknown' for container type. Some of the info in the GPX is only
                                    available to paying members ($3/mo or $30/yr like GC.com) for example
                                    you get the description only if you pay. But certainly this is no
                                    small portion of the info, it's most of the info. It's quite usable in
                                    the field. You can go caching paperless from TC.com using GSAK and
                                    your PDA or other device. You can also mix and match TC.com and GC.com
                                    caches in the same GSAK database and the same GPS and PDA.

                                    -mark.

                                    On Jan 3, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Essiar wrote:

                                    > Not yet, someone is working on it. I believe it is Robert Lipe of
                                    > GPS Babel fame. Currently, you can download a gpx file but will only
                                    > get a very small portion of the info
                                    >
                                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Miner
                                    > <miner@c...> wrote:
                                    > > On tc.com, is there a way to download the first X cache
                                    > > waypoints to a GPSr like there is on the other cache site?
                                    > > Or is there a way to get all waypoints within Z miles
                                    > > from a specific spot downloaded to a GPSr?
                                    > >
                                    > >                         - Dan
                                  • Grajek
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005

                                      Man we are getting some great caches over here. I am surprised.

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005

                                        Mark,

                                        Do you have to be a premium TC member for this, or are basic members allowed to access?  I’ll admit that I have not investigated this yet.

                                        Randell

                                        <miner@c...> wrote:
                                        > On tc.com, is there a way to download the first X cache
                                        > waypoints to a GPSr like there is on the other cache site?
                                        > Or is there a way to get all waypoints within Z miles
                                        > from a specific spot downloaded to a GPSr?
                                        >
                                        >                         - Dan

                                      • Lowracer
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                          You do not have to be a premium member to download GPX files of
                                          multiple caches right off the site. However, if you want the text of
                                          the cache description and the text of the last several logs to be in
                                          that GPX file, then you need to pay. It is quite possible to go
                                          caching without the description and the logs. As for me, even though
                                          I'm out of work I had no problem scraping together $3 in nickels and
                                          dimes and pennies just to try it out for several weeks.

                                          A lot of these questions can be answered by just signing up on the
                                          site and poking around. It's OK, you won't be put on a GC.com
                                          blacklist... You don't have to revoke your GC.com membership to try
                                          terracaching, and you just might like it! ;-)

                                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Randell Pitts"
                                          <agfltmedic@y...> wrote:
                                          > Mark,
                                          >

                                          > Do you have to be a premium TC member for this, or are basic members
                                          allowed
                                          > to access? I'll admit that I have not investigated this yet.
                                          >

                                          > Randell
                                        • Anthony And Lynn
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                            Well guys,

                                            I looked around the TC.com site, and its seems pretty cool. I will keep my
                                            membership active and look around from time to time to see how its turns
                                            out. I see that it's a new site and improvements are being made.

                                            I will be sticking to GC.com for my primary source for caches, and I plan to
                                            go caching in Austin often. I was just wondering if you guys will completely
                                            stop posting new caches on GC.com, and if you guys will continue to maintain
                                            the caches you have already placed and posted on GC.com.

                                            Anthony

                                            <agfltmedic@y...> wrote:
                                            > Mark,
                                            >

                                            > Do you have to be a premium TC member for this, or are basic members
                                            allowed
                                            > to access? I'll admit that I have not investigated this yet.
                                            >

                                            > Randell

                                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                                          • lowracer
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                              I'm totally off GC.com. I had them cancel my account. I don't place
                                              any new caches there. All my GC.com caches are archived and I'm in the
                                              process of picking them up, rescuing the travel bugs, and recycling the
                                              swag into new terracaches.

                                              -mark.

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                                                Not me I am out of GC.com. All my caches are archived and they refused
                                                to take them off the site. Not sure why, Smiley thing I am sure. If
                                                there is a group going out caching and they are GCers then I am still
                                                in. I just like to be outdoors having fun. I have just made the decision
                                                to direct my energies getting Terracaching.com improved and bigger.
                                                Texas and Austin have a lot of caches over there and there are more
                                                everyday. I approve at least 2 - 3 caches a day. I get notices of at
                                                least 1 - 2 new caches in my area a day. May take awhile but I am having
                                                fun again and there is no conflict so far and everyone seems more than
                                                willing to discuss changes and ideas and not just say "NO... The
                                                guidelines say.... 'Bell and Whistles', blah blah blah"

                                                The opened mindedness over here is unreal. I have never seen anything
                                                like it.

                                                For everyone on CG.com, Have fun above all else. Like my god fearing
                                                Grandmother use to tell me, "Don’t let the F%#ckers get you down..." :-)

                                                <agfltmedic@y...> wrote:
                                                > Mark,
                                                >

                                                > Do you have to be a premium TC member for this, or are basic members
                                                allowed
                                                > to access? I'll admit that I have not investigated this yet.
                                                >

                                                > Randell

                                              • Tony Fannin
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jan 4, 2005
                                                  Ok, I'm gonna try out tc.com. I've been very inactive lately but am
                                                  getting back into caching. I've got a couple ammocans full of stuff
                                                  waiting to be put out. Anyone wanna sponsor 'Team Bohica'?

                                                  Tony
                                                • Grajek
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jan 4, 2005
                                                    You will have no trouble getting sponsored trust me.

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jan 4, 2005
                                                      As evidenced by the four offers I got real quick. Thanks everybody.

                                                      Tony

                                                      On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:02:19 -0600, Grajek <jgrajek@...> wrote:

                                                      > You will have no trouble getting sponsored trust me.

                                                    • Essiar
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jan 4, 2005
                                                        Interesting. I've never used GSAK. 3 days ago I downloaded some
                                                        tc.com caches as gpx files into my PDA and got very little info,
                                                        just a very small portion of the decription of the description. I
                                                        guess it's not ready for Cachemate yet.

                                                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer
                                                        <lowracer@a...> wrote:
                                                        > Steve, you might want to check it out, things have advanced quite
                                                        > bit. Here is what you get in the GPX file as imported by GSAK.
                                                        Clyde
                                                        > is supporting the TC.com site very well, as demand from registered
                                                        > TC.com GSAK users has warranted:
                                                        >
                                                        > Coords, waypoint ID (e.g., TC02), cache name, the cache type,
                                                        found/not
                                                        > found state of the last several logs, the text of the last several
                                                        > logs, the text of the cache description, the coordinates, the
                                                        cache
                                                        > placer name, placed/found dates. Some fields are markedly
                                                        different
                                                        > from GC.com, for instance in GSAK it shows always 1/1 for
                                                        diff/terrain,
                                                        > and 'unknown' for container type. Some of the info in the GPX is
                                                        only
                                                        > available to paying members ($3/mo or $30/yr like GC.com) for
                                                        example
                                                        > you get the description only if you pay. But certainly this is no
                                                        > small portion of the info, it's most of the info. It's quite
                                                        usable in
                                                        > the field. You can go caching paperless from TC.com using GSAK
                                                        and
                                                        > your PDA or other device. You can also mix and match TC.com and
                                                        GC.com
                                                        > caches in the same GSAK database and the same GPS and PDA.
                                                        >
                                                        > -mark.
                                                        >

                                                        > On Jan 3, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Essiar wrote:
                                                        >

                                                        > > Not yet, someone is working on it. I believe it is Robert Lipe
                                                        of
                                                        > > GPS Babel fame. Currently, you can download a gpx file but will
                                                        only
                                                        > > get a very small portion of the info
                                                        > >
                                                        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Miner
                                                        > > <miner@c...> wrote:
                                                        > > > On tc.com, is there a way to download the first X cache
                                                        > > > waypoints to a GPSr like there is on the other cache site?
                                                        > > > Or is there a way to get all waypoints within Z miles
                                                        > > > from a specific spot downloaded to a GPSr?
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > >                         - Dan
                                                      • Essiar
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Jan 4, 2005
                                                          If you pay will it work in Cachemate? Will you get a and be able to
                                                          see all the same data in Cachemate as you claim you can in GSAK?
                                                          <lowracer@a...> wrote:

                                                          > You do not have to be a premium member to download GPX files of
                                                          > multiple caches right off the site. However, if you want the text
                                                          of
                                                          > the cache description and the text of the last several logs to be
                                                          in
                                                          > that GPX file, then you need to pay. It is quite possible to go
                                                          > caching without the description and the logs. As for me, even
                                                          though
                                                          > I'm out of work I had no problem scraping together $3 in nickels
                                                          and
                                                          > dimes and pennies just to try it out for several weeks.
                                                          >
                                                          > A lot of these questions can be answered by just signing up on the
                                                          > site and poking around. It's OK, you won't be put on a GC.com
                                                          > blacklist... You don't have to revoke your GC.com membership to
                                                          try
                                                          > terracaching, and you just might like it! ;-)
                                                          >
                                                          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Randell Pitts"
                                                          > <agfltmedic@y...> wrote:
                                                          > > Mark,
                                                          > >

                                                          > > Do you have to be a premium TC member for this, or are basic
                                                          members
                                                          > allowed
                                                          > > to access? I'll admit that I have not investigated this yet.
                                                          > >

                                                          > > Randell
                                                        • lowracer
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Jan 4, 2005
                                                            Yes.