Re: 2004 Cache Awards coming up...

  • Larry Duncan
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2004
      As someone who just placed my first cache a few days ago, I would
      find this to be an interesting category.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Robuck"
      <team_geodillo@r...> wrote:
      > Currently there is no category for "best 1st cache". As far as
      categories
      > go, I took what we used last year, and tried to edit it for
      duplications
      > (two similar categories) and add one or two for areas where I felt
      we needed
      > more separation (like a puzzle cache award and a mystery cache
      award). I am
      > open to suggestions but I also don't want the number of awards to
      get
      > unwieldy. We could easily add cache awards for many other
      categories, but I
      > would like to keep it to a minimum of 15 or 20 if possible. If
      more people
      > chime in and want this "Best 1st Cache" category (or any other
      category for
      > that matter) then I'll consider adding it/them. Basically I'll
      let the
      > masses decide.
      >

      > Thanks...
      >

      > Scott Robuck
      >
      > Team GeoDillo

      Awarded to
      > the person who has placed his/her first cache? Like a best new
      artist
      > award....
      >

      > Barry (Doc Geo)

      January.
      > You will
      > > have two weeks to make your nominations. The plan is to be able
      > to nominate
      > > caches from any of these sites: Terracaching, Navicache,
      > Geocaching, and
      > > GPSGames. Eligible caches must be within 21 miles of the
      capitol
      > dome and
      > > placed during 2004. You will be able to make two nominations in
      > each of the
      > > following categories:
      > >

      > > Most Physically Challenging Cache
      > >
      > > Most Mentally Challenging Cache
      > >
      > > Best Themed Individual Cache
      > >
      > > Best Themed Cache Series (2+ individual caches, linked by theme)
      > >
      > > Most Scenic Area Cache
      > >
      > > Best Urban Cache
      > >
      > > Best Camouflaged Cache
      > >
      > > Most Innovative Cache
      > >
      > > Best Austin Showcase (cache for tourists)
      > >
      > > Best Traditional Cache
      > >
      > > Best Multi-cache
      > >
      > > Best Virtual Cache
      > >
      > > Best Event Cache
      > >
      > > Best Mystery Cache (does not involve solving a puzzle)
      > >
      > > Best Puzzle Cache (requires some sort of puzzle)
      > >
      > > Best Webcam Cache
      > >
      > > Cacher's Choice: Favorite 2004 Cache Overall
      > >

      > > More info to follow in a few days….
      > >

      > > Scott Robuck
      > >
      > > Team GeoDillo
      > >
      > > N 30° 12.4'
      > >
      > > W 97° 50.4'
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129gj8kc6/M=294855.5468653.6549235.30011
      76/D=gr

      oups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1104553901/A=2455397/R=0/SIG=119u9qmi7/*http
      :/small
      > business.yahoo.com/domains/> click here
      >

      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=
      > :HM/A=2455397/rand=929424316>
      >

      > _____

      subject=Unsubscri