Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Doomspore on New Year's Eve?

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 29, 2004
      I've emailed Wayne to ask time and place. I'll keep you all posted.
      Shelly

      On Dec 29, 2004, at 5:21 PM, maliabarth wrote:

      > Count on Moore9KSUcats for the Doomspore mission... most likely 4
      > people, maybe 5.  Sounds like a lot of fun!
      >
      > Malia and Jim
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "mrscaptainpicard"
      > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wayne's in Dallas Tuesday and Wednesday, so I know he won't be
      > > leading a Doomspore mission those nights.  I just talked to him by
      > > phone and he said he's open to a New Year's Eve mission if other
      > > people are interested.  Post here if you are!  If he gets enough
      > > interest, he'll post the details here.  I'm not sure if they can
      > get
      > > an event posted or not at this late date.......
      > > Julie
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
      > <l.gif>

      > Service.

    • Grajek
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
        Friday is tomorrow. Any more news on this?

        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
          <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
          > Friday is tomorrow. Any more news on this?

          Wayne said he is game for this. We had SO MUCH FUN having dinner
          together, and then watching the fireworks and seeing in the New Year
          last year; does anyone besides me want to sandwich that around the
          cache? My knee is feeling so good, I'M GONNA GO! YIPPEE! :-)

          Lowracer or BlazerMan, could we come sit at your picnic tables in
          Steiner Ranch again after the cache? Or shall we go to the free park
          at Mansfield Dam? Does anyone have a suggestion for a group dinner?
          Last year we did Saccone's on 183, and if you like Jersey style
          pizza, calzones, etc. we could do that again ... or make another
          suggestion! And what time should we meet? 7:00?

          Doomspore takes maybe 1/2 hour or 45 minutes, so we really don't need
          to arrive there til 9 pm or so. We'd still have plenty of time to get
          situated at Steiner or the free park in time to ring in the New Year.
          Last year we had cookies, sparkling cider and champagne, and noise
          makers and such. If we are in the county, we could even do some
          fireworks ourselves. What does everyone think?
        • Michele Pain
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
            Wayne emailed that he's up for doing this.

            Why don't we plan on meeting at 7:30?

            Who's going?

            Grajek
            Shelly

            On Dec 30, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Grajek wrote:

            > Friday is tomorrow. Any more news on this?

          • Michele Pain
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
              I LOVE SACONNE'S!!!
              OK - do we meet there for dinner and then do the cache?

              On Dec 30, 2004, at 3:23 PM, Candy Lind wrote:

              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
              > <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
              > > Friday is tomorrow. Any more news on this?
              > >

              > Wayne said he is game for this. We had SO MUCH FUN having dinner
              > together, and then watching the fireworks and seeing in the New Year
              > last year; does anyone besides me want to sandwich that around the
              > cache? My knee is feeling so good, I'M GONNA GO! YIPPEE! :-)
              >
              > Lowracer or BlazerMan, could we come sit at your picnic tables in
              > Steiner Ranch again after the cache? Or shall we go to the free park
              > at Mansfield Dam? Does anyone have a suggestion for a group dinner?
              > Last year we did Saccone's on 183, and if you like Jersey style
              > pizza, calzones, etc. we could do that again ... or make another
              > suggestion! And what time should we meet? 7:00?
              >
              > Doomspore takes maybe 1/2 hour or 45 minutes, so we really don't need
              > to arrive there til 9 pm or so. We'd still have plenty of time to get
              > situated at Steiner or the free park in time to ring in the New Year.
              > Last year we had cookies, sparkling cider and champagne, and noise
              > makers and such. If we are in the county, we could even do some
              > fireworks ourselves. What does everyone think?
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > <lrec_barbell_d21_120204.jpg>
              > <l.gif>

              > Service.

            • lignumaqua
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
                Sue and I will join in, we'd also come to the dinner etc. that Candy
                is suggesting.

                Mike

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Michele Pain
                <mpain@s...> wrote:
                > Wayne emailed that he's up for doing this.
                >
                > Why don't we plan on meeting at 7:30?
                >
                > Who's going?
                >
                > Grajek
                > Shelly

              • knowscone
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
                  I'd like to be there for sure.

                  <mpain@s...> wrote:
                  > Wayne emailed that he's up for doing this.
                  >
                  > Why don't we plan on meeting at 7:30?
                  >
                  > Who's going?
                  >
                  > Grajek
                  > Shelly
                  >

                  > On Dec 30, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Grajek wrote:
                  >

                  > > Friday is tomorrow. Any more news on this?

                  12/26/2004

                  > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > > --
                  12/28/2004

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Candy Lind
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 30, 2004
                    Wayne and I are going to San Antonio tomorrow, but will be back in
                    time to meet at Saccone's (on 183, ~1/4 mile south of 620, southbound
                    side) at 7:30 (or somewhere else if there is another place selected).
                    We'll also plan to bring some sparkling cider and some kind
                    of "goodies" to share as we gather to ring in the New Year. Where
                    will that be? Steiner or Mansfield Dam? Shelly, would you be
                    the "ringleader" here and see where everyone wants to go?

                    Please note, designated drivers will be available for anyone who
                    wants champagne or anything else alcoholic at teh "after party". We
                    want all our caching friends to make it home safe and sound and ready
                    for 2005!!

                    Happy Trails!
                    Candy

                  • jnbarth
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 31, 2004
                      Count the Cat's in for this one. There will be 6 of us for supper
                      and the hunt. We'll probably be heading home after the cache hunt
                      though while roads are still reasonably sane!

                      Jim
                      Moore9KSUCats
                    • Grajek
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 31, 2004

                        So whats the plan??????  Do we have a time? A group? Anything?

                        <julieperrine@f...> wrote:

                        > Wayne's in Dallas Tuesday and Wednesday, so I know he won't be
                        > leading a Doomspore mission those nights.  I just talked to him by
                        > phone and he said he's open to a New Year's Eve mission if other
                        > people are interested.  Post here if you are!  If he gets enough
                        > interest, he'll post the details here.  I'm not sure if they can
                        get
                        > an event posted or not at this late date.......
                        > Julie

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
                        <l.gif>

                        • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                      • lignumaqua
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 31, 2004
                          I'm assuming 7:30pm at Saccone's - that was the last update from Candy.