82Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New Garmin Rino GPS yahoo group!

  • David Gahagan
    Aug 11, 2002
      As a followup to this message, please note that using a Garmin Rino
      reguires an FCC license. Operating any GMRS or GMRS/FRS radio requires a
      GMRS license. In addition, Garmin is still waiting on a final ruling from
      the FCC regarding this device. Currently the FCC rules governing FRS and
      GMRS do not allow transmission of data, only voice, or call tones to
      initiate a voice conversation. Operating the radio today, even with a
      license, would be illegal with the current FCC regulations.