7735Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Garner State Park/Frio River

  • AusGeoCache@aol.com
    Jul 30, 2004
      MCP,
      I'm an old River Rat, emphasis on the old.  During my serious days of white-watering we never considered the Frio because of the unpredictable flow.  I saw a few spots that would be fun to play in but it is too far to drive for only those ripples when other good water is so close.  Has anybody tried the new whitewater course on Ft Worth's Trinity?   It's a manmade stretch of class 3-4 rapids.  The article I read indicated Austin was getting a similar run.   This year the Frio is great for tubing, which is about my adventure level for now.

      Cache on,
      Blizzard

      Dick Young

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic