733Re: Ropes, climbing and geocaching (was : good news, bad news!)

  • geezo31
    Jun 2, 2003
      when I first heard of geocaching, I thought the cache box sounded a
      lot like summit cans that you find on top of long alpine climbs.

      down in mexico nearly every multipitch climb has a summit can with a
      log book, a lighter, pipe and mota. although I don't partake in
      illicit drugs (especially 1300 feet off the deck) that seems to be
      the norm down there.

      however, i once discovered a "flat stanley" placed by an austin
      climber with a note attached that he was trying to make his way back
      to austin. (variation on the travel bug).

      if you decide to hone your climbing skills a couple of my friends
      run a climbing school and guide service: www.rock-about.com and
      there are a couple caches at enchanted rock if you are bored on your
      lunch break.

      also, tons of routed on the greenbelt.

      -Geezo

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Miner
      <miner@c...> wrote:
      > Hmmm... I hadn't thought of it that way.
      > Thanks for the idea! <..insert evil laugh here..>
      > ;-)
      >
      > - Dan

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic