5914Re: finding caches en route

  • camueller79
    May 1, 2004
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>
      wrote:
      > Is there any easier way to find what caches are along the way
      > between austin and gonzales off 183 so I can hit them on the way to
      > the potluck. I realize I can select a cache, let's say in Luling,
      > and then click on "all nearby caches" till the radius goes from
      > Austin to Gonzales but as you know it will be bringing in caches
      > from all over the place. Suggestions?
      > Thanks!

      I can't help with what's available in your route, but I can offer some
      advice on what I usually do when I am en route somewhere and want to
      check what's available cache wise. There's a map thing on the
      geocaching website at http://www.geocaching.com/map/TX.asp. I just
      zoom in or out on that thing as needed, find the roads I need to
      follow, and slowly map out my route noting which caches are near
      enough to try. It's still not a great system, but perhaps a little better.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic