5266RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Kinda OT: are we too grown up for a mailing list?

  • Karen
    Apr 7, 2004
      From experience.... I belong to a Sailing Club here in town.. when they went
      forum format I kind of lost touch because I actually had to THINK about
      going to their website and look at all the different topics, then messages
      on the board. I would hate for that to happen here. I guess I'm lazy, or
      just too busy to actually take the time to go to a website to see what's
      going on. I like the way it is, and I like the banter back and forth here.
      Just my opinion, but if you do go forum format, you will probably lose my
      interest. Experience speaking. (of course I will always cache.. I will
      just not be as in touch with ya'll)

      -Karen

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Mark Gessner [mailto:mgessner@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 4:34 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Kinda OT: are we too grown up for
      a mailing list?

      I like to use the TXGA site for some things, but it doesn't (for
      example) email you when someone posts a new message, unless you've
      subscribed to a particular topic. In engineering terms, it's a polled
      system rather than interrupt-driven.

      I like the friendly back-and-forth we get going on this list. I see a
      use for both media. Also, TXGA goes down more frequently. Ever get
      the SERVICE UNAVAILABLE message when trying to access the TXGA site?
      Doesn't happen that often on Yahoo, which has a for-profit motive to
      stay running more reliably.

      -mark