5244Kinda OT: are we too grown up for a mailing list?

  • Candy Lind
    Apr 7 12:31 PM
      I'm not trying to say this "place" is no good any more, but is anyone else feeling the tiniest bit overwhelmed by the number of emails you are getting from here on a daily basis? I thought about changing to "digest" mode, but you don't get pictures or graphics that are included when you do that, or when you go to read posts on Yahoo. It's not really very easy to follow a thread and skip the stuff you are not interested in, either, because people forget to change the subject line when a discussion goes off on a tangent.

      I'm kinda thinking that we've "grown up" and we're too big to use a simple mailing list any more. A "forum" would be much easier to negotiate and navigate, and to weed out what you want to read and what you don't. To that end, I would like to suggest a transition to the Central Texas Forum on TXGA. I plan to begin posting questions and/or comments both places, and I hope that others will give the TXGA forum a looksee, as well.

      I would be happy to hear other opinions, and I'm not saying we should do away with the Centex list, but I think we're big enough to put a forum and all its features to very good use.
      Just as an example, it's easier for people to find us on the state-wide site than it is on Yahoo. Charizard from the Panhandle is coming here this weekend, and would like suggestions for kid-friendly caches. She'll be staying in the Elgin area. She posted on the TXGA site. READ HERE. Please help me give her some good suggestions!

      Happy Trails!
      Candy Lind    candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!