5131Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: eTrex and ExpertGPS

  • CaptainWhack
    Apr 2, 2004
      I just bought my etrex about a week or so ago, and I have ExpertGPS and
      Easy[or]FreeGPS on the laptop.
      The Etrex Legend was flawless in its operation/connection on both, as far as the version of the firmware on the gps, I could swear that the reported version was 3.5 or 2.5 or something like that.
      Under preferences, I have the Etrex listed as available.
      ExpertGPS 1.3.5
      hope this helps, if you need more info I can help with, let me know, and I will get that, if I can.
      --chuck

      DougsBrat <dougsbrat@...> wrote:
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Swain"
      <bkswain@y...> wrote:
      > I'm really stuck!  ExpertGPS works just fine with my SporTrak Pro,
      but I can't get the eTrex to work to save my life.

      > Here's some additional info:
      > eTrex firmware 2.14
      > I/O mode set to 'Garmin'
      > ExpertGPS set to Garmin communication mode (9600, COM1)
      >
      > I've tried this on two computers and neither work.  I've tried LOC
      and GPX files to no avail.  Could there be something else I'm
      missing?

      Possably!
      Unless you are using a OLD version of expertGPS, there is a setting
      for which brand and model of GPS you are using.

      I have v1.3.5 and you can find the gps model settings at:
      File
      Preferences
      tab "my GPS receivers"

      then add the "Garmin / etrex"

      then try using it!

      ExpertGPS added this a few updates ago to address the different
      waypoint icons used in different GPSr's, and I tend to forget its
      there after the initial setup.

      If this does not work email for support, I have found them eager to
      solve problems with thier software.

      Do you Yahoo!?