5047Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: eTrex and ExpertGPS

  • Ken Sarchet
    Apr 1, 2004
      I would take a hard look at any other devices using com ports and perhaps disabling then temporarily to see if that fixes it. I think the idea about a usb to com conversion device would be a good idea. Or perhaps a different computer if you have access to one.

      Bryan Swain <bkswain@...> wrote:
      Anyone, anyone?

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Swain" <bkswain@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I just bought Texas-Gal's eTrex Yellow and can't seem to get it to communicate with ExpertGPS.  It does communicate with MS Streets & Trips, so I know the cable and COM port are working fine.  I set ExpertGPS to use eTrex, which defaults to COM1 and 9600 baud.  The eTrex is set to 'Garmin' communication mode.  I think this is all I should need to do, but any attempt to communicate with ExpertGPS results in an "Error #22 - No data was received from the GPS."
      >
      > Any suggestions, all you eTrex owners?
      >
      > Thanks!

      Do you Yahoo!?