      From: Esther Lopez bigguy9211116@... [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS] <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com>
      To: CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 6:19 pm
      Subject: Re: [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS] Geocaching 101 in Round Rock

      Rick,
      I have done a pre-check of my schedule for that day and it is looking good for me to be able to take your place on Sept. 13.
      I have done many sessions like this before for children and adults both with and without GPS units. I usually place some temporary hides just outside the venue so that the participants get to experience many different types of hides in various sizes. I actually have a "Geocaching Go-Bag" already prepared (and sitting in my garage) for these sessions.
      It looks like you might get more than one person interested in doing this presentation. You might have to hold auditions!
      Let me know,
      Esther

      On Sunday, August 10, 2014 5:31 PM, "Rick Blevins chemistrb@... [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS]" <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have a powerpoint that can be used, and I think it is mostly up to the presenter.  As long as the proper placement procedures and the proper search procedures are emphasized, the rest is pretty open.  I may be able to snag some extra GPS units for use, and I think some hides will be done near the course to demonstrate what they are like.  By "will be done," I mean I will try to place a few prior to the event.

      Rick

      Date:              Day:               Times:           Location:                               Code:             Fee:
      9/13                Sat.                 3-5pm             CMRC Mtg. Room                *24957           FREE
      4/25                Sat.                 9-11am           Virgil Rabb Pavilion            *24956           FREE

      Thanks so much!!!

      Kelly Gaydos, CPSM
      City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation
      Recreation Program Coordinator-Athletics

      I can give you the contact information and even help set up the course and what it would involve.  Let me know if you are interested in running this course.

      Thanks!

      Rick Blevins
      Chemist Kahuna

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic