42312Re: [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS] Trackables question

  • John Baker
    Apr 28, 2014

      It could also be that person doesn't even have it on them when they travel. It could be set to visit caches when one is found.

      John/thenkengrene

      On Apr 28, 2014 5:19 PM, "gumbietygress@..." <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

      Sometimes people don't read instructions. Also, if instructions/goals are not ON the trackable itself, it's going to get grabbed and then 'uh-oh' too late regardless.
      You also might want to look at the cache sizes the holder is finding -- if the trackable don't fit, it don't sit. Or they forgot to move it from their suitcase to their pocket... all sorts of reasons.
      The person may have a trip in mind to France, and is just marking time, so you know the trackable is alive and kicking.
      Finally, once they are out of your hands, be grateful they're moving at all.
      I could go count the number of trackables of mine that have gone poof -- some before the first drop after an event -- but that would just depress you.
      There was a cache in Marin County for 'lost trackables' -- add your missing trackable's number to the list and drop it in. Sort of like a virtual event for awol trackables... cute concept!

      You could contact the holder -- sweetly, mind, because s/he IS going to some effort -- and ask what's up....

      BarbJ =once you let them go, they go where whim takes them= Tygress