      From: Becky Squires <squires.becky@...>
      Subject: Re: Puzzle caches
      Date: March 1, 2014 at 04:05:34 pmCST
      To: Greg Jewett <geojewett@...>

      Thanks so much, Greg!  The most recent one where I have had this issue is Feelin' Hot Hot Hottest (GC3VDWX).  The words seem to be the 7 deadly sins.  So I have the word GLUTTONY; now what do I do?  Even the cache description says "you will need to convert the words to numbers"-- like everyone knows how to do this.

      On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

      I am a puzzle newbie.  However, I am going to post to the group - The Central Texas Geocachers.
      There some Puzzle gurus.   I also would love to know the answer.

      Greg Jewett
      Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett

      On Feb 26, 2014, at 02:52 PM, Becky Squires <squires.becky@...> wrote:

      Would you please help me with a stumbling block I have experienced several times?  In solving puzzle caches, after you have come up with the WORDS, how do you convert them into NUMBERS in order to get the coordinates?  There must be a universal method.  Cache owners seem to assume that we know how to do this, so there are never any hints offered for this step.

      Thanks for your help!

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic