      From: J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM
      To: Central Texas Geocachers <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS] Oldest Texas Geocaches

      One of the oldest in Texas is right here in Central Texas.  It's called CenTex Prime.  It's GCEF, placed in December, 2000.  Do you have it already?

      Otherwise, a good way to find old caches is to create a pocket query for, say the year 2000 using the date filter, and set the distance at 4000 miles or so.  You should get all the old caches in the US.  Set another pocket query for 2001, etc.  You might have to go down to the month level after that, but there should be plenty of close caches at that point.  Good luck!

      Cheers,

      On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM, <bweeks44@...> wrote:

      One of my geocaching goals for 2014 is to work on my Jasmer Challenge. I realize I can't complete it just in Texas but does anyone have a list of the oldest Texas geocaches? Or where I could find one?

      I've already found Tombstone and am going to the DFW area for Thanksgiving.

      Thanks,
      Bob
      aka JEBJAR

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic