42093RE: Things that need to happen for the Texas Challenge

  • lizeebie
    Nov 19, 2013

      HI EWB,

      I have some items I can donate if needed, such as several caches I've already made.  Only one is an ammo can though.  The others are small clear plastic jars and lock-n-locks.

      I'm happy to donate swag to fill other containers we gather.

      Also, I can help with registration or silent auction and reviewing rules.

      I tried to join the planning group, but it wasn't working.  :-(

      Liz

      Lizeebie

      ---In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

      Hi Tom,
      Roger and I will volunteer for the Scoring duties.  We can work with the Hide Team on the rules and assemble the staff for the first aid/scoring stations. We can help Keith work up the score card.  Do we have a Hide Team?
      Cheers, Julie

      On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM, <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

      Hey Centex, just want to show you a laundry list of things that need to get done for the upcoming Texas Challenge.  Still need a bunch of volunteers.  There is no way the handful who have volunteered so far can pull off this event,  Please consider helping.

      Contracts

      * Mega contract with gc.com   This is something I will handle

      * Contract for the park and showbarn are in progress

      * Decide if we want Signal.  Will need someone(s) to play the part and a helper or two

      * Do we want a Lackey?  Will need an escort

      Coins and Path Tags

      * Barb has designed an awesome coin.  Actually she designed a boatload of awesome coins but a handful of us picked one.  Pathtags are next

      * Path tag holders made gather tags good money maker in auction

      * Path tag wheel and people to run it

      * Gather cool coins as prizes on the Path Tag Wheel

      Vendor Stuff

      * Contact business to exchange menus or a flyer for a free gift for auction

      * Contact restaurants to give free stuff to be on shirt

      * Get a big trip or night away donated for a raffle or hot air ballon ride

      * Contact all coin companies for free stuff

      * Contact path tag for free lanyards

      Contact Garmin and Magellan

      Rules and Scoring

      * Need the rules gone over

      * Need a scoring team

      * Need Ammo cans made up for awards

      * First aid station/Score Card station volunteers

      * Make sure score cards punches work (me)

      * Make score card (Keith Petrus and Bastrop Visitor Center)

      * Containers for hiding

      Other Volunteers

      * Registration

      * Kiddie Cacher

      * Silent Auction

      * Clean up breakdown crew

      * Maybe Boy Scouts for parking

      As you can see there's a lot to do and that those of us who have already volunteered can use a lot of help with.

      EWB - Tom

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic