42093RE: Things that need to happen for the Texas Challenge
- Nov 19, 2013
I have some items I can donate if needed, such as several caches I've already made. Only one is an ammo can though. The others are small clear plastic jars and lock-n-locks.
I'm happy to donate swag to fill other containers we gather.
Also, I can help with registration or silent auction and reviewing rules.
I tried to join the planning group, but it wasn't working. :-(
---In email@example.com, <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:Hi Tom,Roger and I will volunteer for the Scoring duties. We can work with the Hide Team on the rules and assemble the staff for the first aid/scoring stations. We can help Keith work up the score card. Do we have a Hide Team?Cheers, JulieOn Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM, <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
Hey Centex, just want to show you a laundry list of things that need to get done for the upcoming Texas Challenge. Still need a bunch of volunteers. There is no way the handful who have volunteered so far can pull off this event, Please consider helping.
* Mega contract with gc.com This is something I will handle
* Contract for the park and showbarn are in progress
* Decide if we want Signal. Will need someone(s) to play the part and a helper or two
* Do we want a Lackey? Will need an escort
Coins and Path Tags
* Barb has designed an awesome coin. Actually she designed a boatload of awesome coins but a handful of us picked one. Pathtags are next
* Path tag holders made gather tags good money maker in auction
* Path tag wheel and people to run it
* Gather cool coins as prizes on the Path Tag Wheel
* Contact business to exchange menus or a flyer for a free gift for auction
* Contact restaurants to give free stuff to be on shirt
* Get a big trip or night away donated for a raffle or hot air ballon ride
* Contact all coin companies for free stuff
* Contact path tag for free lanyards
* Contact Garmin and Magellan
Rules and Scoring
* Need the rules gone over
* Need a scoring team
* Need Ammo cans made up for awards
* First aid station/Score Card station volunteers
* Make sure score cards punches work (me)
* Make score card (Keith Petrus and Bastrop Visitor Center)
* Containers for hiding
* Kiddie Cacher
* Silent Auction
* Clean up breakdown crew
* Maybe Boy Scouts for parking
As you can see there's a lot to do and that those of us who have already volunteered can use a lot of help with.
EWB - Tom
- << Previous post in topic