      From: <alan_tagit@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: New Yahoo Group layout
      Date: 06 Sep 2013 06:02:27 -0700

      Jay and Barb,

      You're on to something. I did not see the content of the test message. However when you replied to the previous thread (the one I'm looking at now) I see your reply and Barb's previous replies appeared.

      Oh well.... we'll se if it gets fixed.

      Cache you all later.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Barb,
      I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.
      There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.
      So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.
      --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

      From: Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:40:50 -0500

      I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

      --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX