41801Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] ] What is the best navigation map/gpsr for Galaxy 4 phone?

  • Greg Jewett
    Aug 18, 2013
      Esther --

      There is a couple of really good iPhone apps for Geocaching that do just that.  Since cacheSense is a 3rd party product - developed outside of Geocaching.com, they can add any number of features that they want.   So -- there are other apps for the iPhone that allow you to do this as well, check them out:

      • Geosphere (highly recommended)
      • iGeoCacher
      • iGCT
      • GCTools

      On Aug 17, 2013, at 06:37 PM, A <barneycats@...> wrote:

      I just figured out c:geo has the same option for driving navigation that I never noticed before. Thanks for the info.
      Amy (GS589)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

      > Cachesense has a menu option for driving directions it uses the google maps
      > navigation. I use this feature to get me there then use the app's compas.
      > On Aug 17, 2013 2:26 PM, "A" <barneycats@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I have an android phone and use c:geo. I like it for the most part.
      > > Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place
      > > accessible by car? It would be helpful for urban/neighborhood caches. I can
      > > put the coordinates into my car navigation system and get guidance that
      > > way, but its rather tedious to type in coordinates.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Amy (GS589)
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak
      > > <denise.vajdak@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)
      > > >
      > > > Denise Vajdak
      > > > tx.ag/denise

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic