41723Re: Replace Caches

  • Toni
    Aug 8, 2013
      And stealing my caches just because I'm on someone's hit list is how we place this great and wonderful game???? I'm not being lazy Matthew. Unbeknownst to you, and perhaps others, I've been archiving, replacing and re-replacing cache after cache in south Austin for a couple of months now. I just wanted to warn people that if they are doing the streak and have one of mine picked out for the day, they may want to take a replacement or otherwise have more than one on their list. I've only listed here the ones I know about so far for the week. The majority of my caches aren't in south Austin, but those are the ones disappearing, 3-4 every week over and over again. One or two a month in an urban setting is not unreasonable, this is out of hand.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew A" <matthewa625@...> wrote:

      > PS: Simply because there is a challenge or streak going on in August or any month should not change how this great and wonderful game is played.
      >
      > Matthew
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" <tfbrown@> wrote:
      > >
      > > For any of you who have some of my caches on your list to do this month, a hint to the wise would be to take a replacement cache. Most of the ones you may want to pick of mine for the 31 days of August may be the easy peasy ones. As some of you may know, my caches have been disappearing at an alarming rate. If it was just a matter of, "Well, got to replace another one" for me then I wouldn't care; no big deal. However, I feel bad for the geocaching community who is taking the time to solve a puzzle or just find an easy cache for the day and it's not there. For your trouble, feel free to claim an extra smiley if you wish for your troubles.
      > >
      > > TattooBarbie

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic