41708Re: Replace Caches

  • Toni
    Aug 7, 2013
      I will be archiving my caches once the cache a day in August is over. I was maintaining them, but with the disappearance of south Austin caches happening at 3-4 a week it's just not feasible anymore. I would rather open up the spots for others. I'm trying to be helpful here, but I should have known better than to do that in this forum. Bye

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      > I have to agree with Matthew, asking/allowing just anyone to replace a cache
      > just because they could not find it is a recipe for disaster. Often the
      > result is that you end up with two containers within a few feet of each
      > other. Personally I would include caches that are rated at 1.5 difficulty in
      > the group that should not be just willy-nilly replaced, I have found many
      > that were rated this easy that were more difficult to find than some that
      > were rated more difficult. One alternative to allowing just anyone to
      > replace a cache is to allow people to call you when they are searching for
      > your cache and cannot find it. You could then describe to them exactly where
      > it was hidden and if they then could not find it, it might be acceptable to
      > allow them to replace it for you. Otherwise if you are not able to maintain
      > the caches that you have placed it is best to archive them and let someone
      > else have a go at the location.
      >

      > --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
      > |+| Georgetown, TX USA
      > |-- "What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for."
      >

      > _____

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic