41707Re: Replace Caches

  • Toni
    Aug 7, 2013
      I clearly stated that if it's a puzzle you solved and, therefore, have the correct coordinates or it's an easy cache, feel free to replace it. I'm fine with that. If you don't want to, then don't. You can't miss the exact location on a lamppost. Once August is over and we're not doing the cache a day I'm probably going to archive my south Austin caches anyway as they go missing. I do not think that 3-4 caches going missing every week in just my south Austin caches is a coincidence.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew A" <matthewa625@...> wrote:

      > If a cache is rated 2 difficulty or higher, usually the hide could be well cammoed or hidden better than in plain sight. What if somebody replaces your hide in a different place you had originally hid the cache? What if they can't find it and now they replace with a new container and both containers are there now? It's usually best if the owner replaces the hide or a previous finder who knows the exact location.
      >
      > Matthew
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" <tfbrown@> wrote:
      > >
      > > For any of you who have some of my caches on your list to do this month, a hint to the wise would be to take a replacement cache. Most of the ones you may want to pick of mine for the 31 days of August may be the easy peasy ones. As some of you may know, my caches have been disappearing at an alarming rate. If it was just a matter of, "Well, got to replace another one" for me then I wouldn't care; no big deal. However, I feel bad for the geocaching community who is taking the time to solve a puzzle or just find an easy cache for the day and it's not there. For your trouble, feel free to claim an extra smiley if you wish for your troubles.
      > >
      > > TattooBarbie

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic