      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Matthew A
      Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 9:42 AM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Replace Caches

      If a cache is rated 2 difficulty or higher, usually the hide could be well cammoed or hidden better than in plain sight. What if somebody replaces your hide in a different place you had originally hid the cache? What if they can't find it and now they replace with a new container and both containers are there now? It's usually best if the owner replaces the hide or a previous finder who knows the exact location.

      Matthew

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" <tfbrown@...> wrote:

      > For any of you who have some of my caches on your list to do this month, a
      hint to the wise would be to take a replacement cache. Most of the ones you may want to pick of mine for the 31 days of August may be the easy peasy ones. As some of you may know, my caches have been disappearing at an alarming rate. If it was just a matter of, "Well, got to replace another one" for me then I wouldn't care; no big deal. However, I feel bad for the geocaching community who is taking the time to solve a puzzle or just find an easy cache for the day and it's not there. For your trouble, feel free to claim an extra smiley if you wish for your troubles.

      > TattooBarbie

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic