      From: Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Related to: Quick note about the Texas 50 State Star series - Well sort of
      Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 09:34:57 -0500

      I read an article in today’s Deseret News (Salt Lake City, Utah) titled: Rural death: New study shows cities are safer than the country that I found to be interesting in relation to the recent discussion on this mailing list about Geocaching in rural areas.

      The article does not mention Geocaching as being a contributor to rural deaths (whew), but does mention that a significant portion of the difference in rural deaths compared to urban deaths involve highway accidents.

      Any way, I thought that it was an interesting side note to the discussion about rural caching, and hope that some of you enjoy reading it. I also hope that none of us will be contributors to the statistics by caching unsafely in rural areas.

      --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
      |+| Georgetown, TX USA

      One Weird Trick
      Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
      newsmax.com
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic