41698Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Related to: Quick note about the Texas 50 State Star series - Well sort of

  • Shawn Olsen
    Aug 6, 2013
      Great points Jay and worth listening to the last thing we need is to supply the stats with Central Texas Cachers!

      I have often passed up caches that just didn't sit right with me either by cache placement or the proximity of safe parking!!

      On Aug 6, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      I read an article in today’s Deseret News (Salt Lake City, Utah) titled: Rural death: New study shows cities are safer than the country that I found to be interesting in relation to the recent discussion on this mailing list about Geocaching in rural areas.

      The article does not mention Geocaching as being a contributor to rural deaths (whew), but does mention that a significant portion of the difference in rural deaths compared to urban deaths involve highway accidents.

      Any way, I thought that it was an interesting side note to the discussion about rural caching, and hope that some of you enjoy reading it. I also hope that none of us will be contributors to the statistics by caching unsafely in rural areas.

      --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX