      From: "CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:13 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Digest Number 4603

      Central Texas Geocachers

      4 New Messages

      Digest #4603
      1a
      Re: For the GPSr geeks... by "Esther Lopez" bigguy9211116
      1b
      Re: For the GPSr geeks... by "J Crozier" mrscaptainpicard
      1c
      Re: For the GPSr geeks... by "semperquestio" semperquestio
      2
      Jesse James Cache Bash 6  is Sept 20-22 by "ROOKEEZ" cheesehead31aok

      Messages

      Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:55 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Esther Lopez" bigguy9211116

      You need GSAK! Don't ask me how, but that is what you need.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 28, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Judy Barber <jafbarber@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > Please tell me the new geek with a GPS Venture series how to download the pocket query to the GPS. One the cache pages it says send to my GPS but on the Pocket Query page I don't see that.
      >
      > Thanks.

      Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:11 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "J Crozier" mrscaptainpicard

      I think it's possible that you misunderstand what is going to happen. When
      you see the box that says 'download to GPS' on the cache page, you will be
      downloading that SINGLE cache directly to your GPS. It requires a little
      piece of software from Garmin to be downloaded to your computer, but once
      you have it, you just hook up your GPS and hit that button. It doesn't go
      through a pocket query at all.

      Pocket queries are for downloading multiple caches. If you need more
      information about pocket queries, just ask!

      Cheers,

      On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Judy Barber <jafbarber@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Please tell me the new geek with a GPS Venture series how to download the
      > pocket query to the GPS. One the cache pages it says send to my GPS but on
      > the Pocket Query page I don't see that.
      >
      > Thanks.

      Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:13 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "semperquestio" semperquestio

      Probably still the best guide to Pocket Queries can be found here...

      http://markwell. us/pq.htm

      I have added the link to this group with the title "Pocket Queries by Markwell" .

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicar d@...> wrote:

      > I think it's possible that you misunderstand what is going to happen. When
      > you see the box that says 'download to GPS' on the cache page, you will be
      > downloading that SINGLE cache directly to your GPS. It requires a little
      > piece of software from Garmin to be downloaded to your computer, but once
      > you have it, you just hook up your GPS and hit that button. It doesn't go
      > through a pocket query at all.
      >
      > Pocket queries are for downloading multiple caches. If you need more
      > information about pocket queries, just ask!
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Julie
      > Mrs. Captain Picard
      >

      > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Judy Barber <jafbarber@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Please tell me the new geek with a GPS Venture series how to download the
      > > pocket query to the GPS. One the cache pages it says send to my GPS but on
      > > the Pocket Query page I don't see that.
      > >
      > > Thanks.

      Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:27 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "ROOKEEZ" cheesehead31aok

      This is our 6th year of fun games, prizes, geocaches (about 100) and good times with friends. Jesse James Cache Bash 6 is in St Joseph, MO and fills 8 events over the weekend of September 20-22. We will have all sorts of competitions with prizes and will give away Jesse's "STRONGBOX&quo t; full of valuable coins and goodies to one lucky winner! Our benefit this year goes to Dream Factory which helps critically ill kids make their dream a reality.

      Please check out our link at http://tmblr. co/ZmPSGskTe9Gm for info on weekend events and fundraisers.

      Any donation of door prizes also greatly appreciated! Please contact me at cheesehead31aok@ yahoo.com if you have coins to donate.

      thanks,
      MO Pirate aka Steve Allen