41372Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Upgrading Garmin GPS Survey

  • John Baker
    Apr 29, 2013
      I have the 450 and have used it for a couple of years now. I really like it. The interface is simple. It does have quirks, but I'm not sure what the culprit is. My only real issue is when hooking it up to my computer, sometimes it wants to power up the device from the USB cable and sometimes it will actually connect it so I can transfer data between it. I have to disconnect it and reconnect hoping for the data connection to establish. Maybe someone knows a fix for that?!

      I've read the specs on the 600/650 and it should have lots more bells and whistles. Plus, the surface is supposed to be similar to a smart phone. Not the plasma type screen on the 450/550 that is pressure sensitive.

      John/thenkengrene

      On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Matthew A <matthewa625@...> wrote:

      I have a Garmin 60CSx that I have had since 2007.

      I am considering upgrading to one of these units: Oregon 450t, 550t, 600t, or 62stc

      I would like to hear all likes and dislikes of these units from anyone. Things like easy of use, accuracy, loading geocaches, logging multiple finds, will it work with GSAK, etc....

      Matthew mda_taz

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic