41343Re: Texas Challenge 2013 & 2104, and TXGA

  • electric_water_boy
    Apr 8, 2013
      I don't want to gove the wrong impression here. The rep role up until now hasn't been all that time consuming. There is a monthly board meeting that we do over the phone that last about an hour, some times a little longer. I did do a rewrite of the bylaws that didn't get voted on at this election, and I was ticked about that for a bit, but I'm not now as I now know more tweaking needs to be done.

      The reason I think there needs to be some help for the Rep is that our area is so big there's no way any of us can know everyone or deal with their issues as they pop up. Even South Texas has the problem. I dealt a couple of times with some South Texas problems because what would have been a 3 hour drive for their rep was 20 minutes for me, if that.

      I'm proof enough that most anyone that reads this could do job. I will say you should have some thick skin, a bad memory (so you won't hold grudges), the ability to play well with others while standing your ground, and be able to stand back and look at all sides of a problem. I won't say I do all those well, but I try. I know that there others out that that are plenty capable. They might just need someone to ask them to do it.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

      > Absolutely! I second that. I can't even imagine how much time and effort
      > all those tasks took.
      > There is no way I could ever take something like that on, so am
      > extremely grateful for your
      > willingness to step and do a wonderful job. You have represented CenTex
      > amazingly.
      >
      > The fact that you mentioned needing multiple to people to fill the roles
      > you had taken on, says
      > a great deal about just how much you did!
      >
      > Thank you!!
      >
      > -paul
      > HiDude_98
      >
      > gumbietygress@... wrote:
      >

      > > I want to stand up and applaud and thank Tom for all the hard work
      > > he's done for we reprobates over the past years.
      > > Appreciate it.
      > >
      > > And woo woo CenTex!
      > >
      > > BarbJ/Tygress

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic