41337Texas Challenge 2013 & 2104, and TXGA

  • electric_water_boy
    Apr 8, 2013
      For those who haven't heard the results, North Texas won the 2013 Texas Challenge. CenTex came in second. The points difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd was enough that any scoring errors would not have made a hill of beans difference. The difference between 3rd and 4th was close, and between 4th and 5th even closer. West got 3rd, East got 4th, Southeast 5th, and South got the ammo can with a story behind it for last.

      I can say for me and the people I ran around with, we had a great time.

      I REALLY want to thank Melanie and Trey for stepping up and helping load. Even my cranky GPSr got loaded with no problems! I don't know who all worked on the puzzles, but by the time we needed to leave they had them all solved. Awesome!

      So now we need to start on the ball with 2014.

      For those who are going to play, you'll need to pick a captain. It can't be me, and besides, I've done it enough. It ain't rocket science. You do have to have a place to keep all these ammo cans we keep winning.

      For some that are going to lay, and all those who aren't, I NEED HELP. Yeah, that kind too, but I mean for planning and organizing the Challenge. I have never done such a thing, but work is in progress. Trackable table has a happy leader. Pretty sure I have one for Kiddie Camp. Both will need help. I want to be on the hide team, but I don't want to run it. In fact, I don't want to lead any of the teams. I just want to know that stuff is getting done. More on all this later.

      And lastly, you'll need to start thinking of who you want as your CenTex rep. I won't be running again. I think we had this as part of the bylaw changes - my brain is fried. But I've been there enough. It's time for someone else to take the reigns. I hope who ever takes over gets people in different areas of the region to help with problems. I didn't do that. I also didn't get someone to help with education. I just got certified by TXGA, so the role I want to play in the future in TXGA is with educating new geocachers. I'm looking forward to it.

      I know that's a lot in one post, so feel free to break it up to make this more managable.

      EWB - Tom
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic