41307Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Shameless Cache Promotion

  • J Crozier
    Mar 22, 2013
      Especially on multi's, to encourage people to go, it's helpful to give a description of the number of states and/or the time commitment required.  Right now, you've got it listed as a 4-star difficulty multi cache, which may put a lot of people off. But if you said it was a 4-star multi with (say) 3 stages that can be done in 30 minutes, that might give people enough information to let them know that they won't be stuck all day doing it.  Now, if they WILL be stuck all day doing it, I can't help ya'!  But it probably wouldn't hurt to mention that little fact either, just because it helps people decide which caches they want to do or avoid.  [:D]

      And then, one of the facts that we cache hiders face is that once a cache is published, it's out of our hands, and we can't control who finds it, what they say about it, whether they grant favorites, put it back right, tighten the lid, trade fairly, move the trackables quickly, etc. etc.etc.  But it sure is great when all of those things happen!

      Good luck!

      On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM, jebjar <bweeks44@...> wrote:

      OK, I admit it! This is a shameless cache promotion but Mh171 and I put a lot of work into the following multi-cache only because we wanted people to enjoy it. I think it's a very fun cache and already gotten favorite votes from geocachers like BigGuy and HiDude but hasn't gotten the attention I thought it derserves. If I'm out of line promoting it this way, tis easier to ask for forgiveness now!

      Electric Island

      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6bb39f2c-ced1-4d18-b542-650c1e2feb85

      Enjoy!

      Bob