      From: "iris9" <iris9@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Warning - DO NOT Download StegDetect
      Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 04:19:41 -0000

      We were having a wonderful time today solving puzzles for our trip later this year.  Then we came up with one that was a blue square that we though had something hidden in it be we couldn't see anything.  So I started searching internet for something that would help.  I found the website  http://www.winterdragon.org/index.php?page=puzzle-sites  which said it had links to puzzle solving tools.  I found a link for StegDetect on that page.  I showed it to Glenn  and he decided to download it.  When he clicked on the link there it opened AnySendsetup.exe.  Double clicking on that installed some malware which included something that prevents you from uninstalling any program using the Windows control panel.  Something called Delta Search was installed on his Internet browser and takes over any new tab you open and attempts to get you to download and buy a program to improve your computer.

      So the rest of the day was spent trying to get that off his computer, but so far nothing has worked.  So it looks like trying to solve a puzzle has cost him a computer.  I'm really sorry I found that site.  I wanted to warn everyone else about this site and program.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      Woman is 55, But Looks 27
      2013's No. 1 Cream. Mom is Wrinkle Free Thanks to Doctor's Secret!
      ConsumerLifestyles.net
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic