      From: Victor Engel <brillig@...>
      Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:59 AM
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Kim Komando

      Another reason for inaccuracy was not mentioned. The military actually
      scrambles the signal a bit to create the inaccuracy. To get full
      accuracy you have to know how to properly decrypt the signal. That's
      something only the military is intended to have access to.

      It's possible to gain a higher level of accuracy by using two GPS
      units, one at a fixed, known position. The random error can then be
      backed out using this unit as a reference.

      Victor

      --
      Victor Engel

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic