      From: Dave Read <dave@...>
      To: "CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Kim Komando
      Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 07:02:05 -0600

      Hey Esther!

      The post worked just fine -- great video.

      If anyone is interested, last summer I developed a hands-on method for explaining GPS to kids so my wife old teach a geocaching class at a Cub Scout camp. It's super easy, actually conveys more of the nuances of GPS (especially the source of the position inaccuracy), and best of all, is totally understandable by kids as young as 9 or 10!

      Thanks for the link!

      Dave
      aka Team Landshark

      On Feb 15, 2013, at 10:46 PM, "bigguy9211116" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      Howdy!
      I don't normally post links and I am not very techno savvy but I do listen to the Digital Goddess, Kim Komando who is.
      Today I ran across this;

      http://www.tvkim.com/watch/2790/kim-on-komand-how-does-gps-work?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=tvkim&utm_content=2013-02-15-article-screen-shot-f

      This is her explanation of how GPS works and I thought someone might find it helpful and decided to post it. I also hope I did it right!
      Esther/BGTx

      Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic