41020Re: AJW's Initial Cache archived!?

  • atxtracker
    Dec 13, 2012
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Matt Wilson <matt@...> wrote:

      > Holy cow!! Was AJW (GC2YVT7<http://coord.info/GC2YVT7>) really on private property? I somehow doubt it. Sounds like last finders just "poked" around too far.
      >
      > Nonetheless, while I certainly agree that caches shouldn't exist near places that cause any major amount of alarm or discomfort that would bring Geocaching a bad name, this sudden and brutal Prime Reviewer archive log makes me pretty sad.
      >
      > Also, I vaguely remember not being able to log an archived cache, but I also know for a fact that I've logged at least a couple that were archived, but still there. Thoughts?

      Greetings all, As the placer of the cache, I do agree that the tax records do show the cache was on private property. This is my mistake; I'm sorry for the trouble I caused the land owner.

      Side Note: There are other maps (http://dgcoursemaps.com/CourseMaps/Print/RiveryPark.jpg) that are not so clear and show green space on the far side of the river. Ironically this map is posted on a big sign in the park itself. I am not disputing the archival, only noting that it was not intentional. There were no private property signs (at the time) or fences, and the posted map appears to be wrong.

      Advanced notification of the archival would have been nice, but I don't feel like it is owed to me, as I am the one who made the error.

      My main reason for posting is to let everyone know that the PowerRiddle Series is still in play, and has been updated to remove the dependence on AJW. I am working on a replacement, but it is not ready yet.

      Happy Caching,
      John
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic