41012Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] AJW's Initial Cache archived!?

  • GrnBeret2B
    Dec 13, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 374 KB
    Did a quick look at WCAD's site, everything on the "north" bank is privately owned except for a small strip that extends just a short distance "west" of Morris Dr (R040423) which I'm pretty sure the cache was not in, though I could be wrong.

    It's not a brutal archival log, either.  Obviously he got an email or was told by GS to archive the cache because they had been contacted the property owner.

    Premium members should be able to log archived caches, regular members cannot.

    Nathaniel
    a.k.a. grn beret 2b

    On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Matt Wilson <matt@...> wrote:

    Holy cow!!  Was AJW (GC2YVT7) really on private property? I somehow doubt it. Sounds like last finders just "poked" around too far.

    Nonetheless, while I certainly agree that caches shouldn't exist near places that cause any major amount of alarm or discomfort that would bring Geocaching a bad name, this sudden and brutal Prime Reviewer archive log makes me pretty sad.

    Also, I vaguely remember not being able to log an archived cache, but I also know for a fact that I've logged at least a couple that were archived, but still there. Thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Matt / Kemis

    Sent from a mobile device

    On Dec 12, 2012, at 10:50 PM, "Keith Wilson" <keith.wilson@...> wrote:

    http://coord.info/GC2YVT7

    Cache is archived and I can't log our find.  Read the recent notes...

    --

    Thanks,

    Keith W Wilson
    Gifts Receipting and Logistics Coordinator
    www.e3partners.org

  • Show all 13 messages in this topic