    Dec 4, 2012
      Seems like to me that if they can recognize their mistake about Challenges, they can do the same thing and recognize their mistake of eliminating virtuals.  There's an awful lot of evidence out there that people really loved them.  Yes, some people DIDN'T like them, but then some people don't like micros, or lamp skirt caches, or puzzles, or WHATEVER.  Give people options and let them choose their own adventures.

      Oh......don't get me started!  :)

      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Joanne Comer <jamico28@...> wrote:

      Hear, hear!

      From: J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      To: Central Texas Geocachers <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] End of Challenges

      Here's a great idea for them...........

      BRING BACK VIRTUALS!!!!!!!!!

      Cheers,

      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM, semperquestio <sqcaching@...> wrote:

      For those that missed it, I thought I step back out of the shadows long enough to pass this along from Groundspeak...

      Dear Geocacher,

      In our effort to inspire outdoor play through Geocaching, we are often faced with decisions about what to focus on next, and what to focus on less. It is through these decisions that we explore opportunities to grow the global game of Geocaching.

      Occasionally, during this process, we are faced with the reality that certain ideas don't catch on as we had hoped. In these situations we owe it to ourselves and to you to make tough decisions about the future of every project and the resources to be applied to each. Sometimes, as a result, cool features must become casualties.

      In this spirit, we have decided to retire Geocaching Challenges.

      This means that, effective today, we have disabled the ability to create new Challenges. We have also removed the Challenges application from all mobile application stores. In approximately 7 days, we will be removing all traces of the Challenges functionality and related content from Geocaching.com.

      On an office wall here at HQ is a sign that reads, "Let's make better mistakes tomorrow." By accepting that we will sometimes get it wrong, we can allow ourselves to learn from and imagine new opportunities in the world of Geocaching. Our hope is we can take the lessons from Challenges and create better tools to guide you on your next adventure.

      Sincerely,
      Geocaching.com

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic