40983Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Anybody up for a little CITO Event?
- Dec 3 2:49 PMCan I also point out - by holding a CITO at, or near, GZ, you are revealing the final location of a puzzle cache, which I'm sure wouldn't please Prime.I'm going to say no, this CITO isn't a good idea because:
- There's question as to legality of the placement of the cache itself (I don't have the final coords, my hastily done solution doesn't feel right, and I don't really have the time to put into a proper solution, so I'm not going to even try to make a definitive statement either way)
- Those who have the coords could check out the Williamson County GIS map if they so desire (https://gis.wilco.org/countymap/). I have used GIS maps to identify Private/Public properties in the past, but it's been a while since I used Williamson County's, so I don't have helpful pointers as to how to use it.
- I personally don't agree with having an event that reveals, or even hints at, the final location of a puzzle cache.Nathaniel/Grn Beret 2B
On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM, greg <greggo78613@...> wrote:I'll put my 2 cents worth in. It appears on google maps the path to the cache from the cross street to Mays is the ROW for the contiuation of the street that was never built, it connects to the ROW on Mays. There is private property on either side of the 50 foot ROW. It appears the cache is about 25 into the private property on one side. You could probably find out from the city of Round Rock if that actually is a ROW, and wether they would mind if we cleaned it up. Just my observation.Greg Shumakershumaker
--- On Fri, 11/30/12, John Baker <thenkengrene@...> wrote:
From: John Baker <thenkengrene@...>
Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Anybody up for a little CITO Event?
Date: Friday, November 30, 2012, 4:51 PMWe don't have enough cito events. Sure!John/thenkengreneOn Nov 30, 2012 4:44 PM, "origami cacher" <aprennace@...> wrote:Just recently, I got all jazzed again about one of my favorite hobbies -that being Geocaching. In my new enthusiasm, I began with where I left off with some unsolved puzzles and tackled "Hugo the Magnificent" I solved the puzzle and found the cache, but was disgusted by all of the trash that has accumulated there. Anybody out there besides me who would like to give Hugo a Helping Hand? If there is any interest here on the forum, I will post a CITO Saturday event even though I know December is,for most people,a busy time I would like to give a little back to Mother Earth to help celebrate the season. We could always sing Christmas carols while we work...
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>