40975Re: Anybody up for a little CITO Event?

  • origami cacher
    Dec 1, 2012
      semperquestio
      I am sorry if I offended you in any way. Sometimes my sarcasm bites more than I intend it to. I see your point and I will make an attempt to find out who owns this lot and whether they have any objections to our cleaning it up a little with an event. Thanks for your couragious feedback despite my insensitivity.
      Art

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

      > Red herrings.
      >
      > Permission should always be obtained before placing a cache on private property. Since placing a cache involves indicating compliance with the guidelines, said permission is implied. As for the trash, how it got there is beside the point. Heck, the landowner may use it as a dump for all we know.
      >
      > I merely suggested that if you are considering hosting an event there, then you should consider the land ownership as any cache placer should. Just because a landowner is OK with a cache there does not mean they would be OK with a bunch of folks there for an event, regardless of the good intentions.
      >
      > And this reminds me why I disappeared off the boards for a while.
      >
      > Back to the shadows.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic