40974Re: Anybody up for a little CITO Event?

  • semperquestio
    Dec 1, 2012
      Red herrings.

      Permission should always be obtained before placing a cache on private property. Since placing a cache involves indicating compliance with the guidelines, said permission is implied. As for the trash, how it got there is beside the point. Heck, the landowner may use it as a dump for all we know.

      I merely suggested that if you are considering hosting an event there, then you should consider the land ownership as any cache placer should. Just because a landowner is OK with a cache there does not mean they would be OK with a bunch of folks there for an event, regardless of the good intentions.

      And this reminds me why I disappeared off the boards for a while.

      Back to the shadows.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "origami cacher" <aprennace@...> wrote:

      > If we need private land-owner permission to clean up the site, did the cache placer get permission originally to place the cache there? If so, does anyone know who the landowner is or how to get in touch with them?
      >
      > Did all the whoevers who tossed their crap there get permission first? I CITO every cache I am on and have yet to be confronted about removing litter and waste carelessly tossed there by someone else. Yeh, I know one man's trash is another man's treasure, but we're talkin' real disgusting treasure here that seems to be attracting more of the same.
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@> wrote:
      > >
      > > When I found that cache I was a bit concerned that it was on privately owned property. You may want to check on that before organizing an event to clean it up.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic