      Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:50 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: County roads

      A friend of a friend lives out in Mason county. There are a few gates on their road, even though it's a public road. That's to keep the cows in. The gates to their house are not locked. But they also told me of neighbors on other roads who do lock their gates, even though it's a public road.

      Not a spotlight, maybe a candle or two.

      --Di
      dirich92

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mike Detlefsen <mdmeleagro945@...> wrote:

      > I've been roaming around to find some places for new caches the last few weeks, and I have seen more than a few gravel roads branching off paved routes that are marked as County Roads on my maps (phone/tablet apps from several sources), but they have gates that are closed and padlocked. I would have thought that county roads would have public access. Granted that the maps I'm using could be in error on some of these, but some have physical signs posted identifying them.
      >
      > Anybody have any light to shed on this?
      >
      > Mike
      > jmd65

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic