40929Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Question about finding archived caches

  • Paul Albers
    Nov 14, 2012
      It would appear that Prime thought the cache was now a challenge cache, which it is not. There is
      an additional 'bonus' that is a challenge, but there is no need to do this challenge to claim a smiley
      on the cache. Therefore, this truly isn't an actual challenge cache, just something to help get people
      out into the park to enjoy all the other great hides. The cache owner will add your name to the webpage
      when you complete the challenge, but again it is not required to do so at all to claim a find. You also
      don't get bonus smilies. I don't think Prime actually read the page closely to find this out, just noticed
      the cache page had changed after approval, saw the challenge verbiage, and assumed it was now
      a challenge cache, which is not what he approved. This is not the case, but the page was changed.

      This would make for a great actual challenge cache ( ? puzzle type ), but it would be hard to say if
      Prime would approve. He doesn't like challenge caches that have you finding very specific caches to
      complete the challenge, though there are hundreds of them across the country, including many here
      in Texas that he has approved. It is one of those very subjective rules that plays differently across
      the country.

      Hopefully communication is taking place to get this one activated again. It is not a challenge cache.

      I have other 'ideas' on why this one was snap archived, but I'll keep those to myself.

      -paul
      HiDude_98

      Russ Jernigan wrote:
      I'd count it.  Did Prime say why it was archived?

      Russ the Waterweasel
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic