40679Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Logging Blunders...???

  • Shawn Olsen
    Sep 2, 2012
      My old phone spit off a bunch of logs on a cache once and the CO got a good laugh!! I think I logged it 12 times!!! He is a friend and called me to let me know that stat padding on his caches was not allowed.

      Cheers,

      Shawn

      On Sep 2, 2012, at 9:50 PM, John Baker <thenkengrene@...> wrote:

      So, anyone find they accidentally double, triple logged caches?

      I kept seeing in my stats I had 10 extra finds outside of unique cache finds. I realized I had about 5 caches I double logged and 1 that I triple logged. It was around the time I was first starting. Nobody deleted my extra logs so I didn't know any different.

      anyone run into finding this out and having your find counts change...or drop?

      I did. Trying to keep things as honest as possible for myself.

      I do have 3 finds on the Rock that Rolls...who doesn't?
      I also have one on a cache that gave a bonus smiley.
      I don't have any more erroneous logs though...:-).

      Now I need to go geocaching and find more to account for the ones I thought I had!! ha

      John/thenkengrene

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic