40677Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Mapping program

  • jestrrrulz@aol.com
    Aug 31, 2012
      Actually it optimizes the entire route.  For example, say you are house hunting (for a separate example) and you want to visit 10 houses. You enter in the addresses and the start location.  Optimize. It then tells you the best route to take.

      Where the issue comes in with waypoints is that they all don't have "roads". So you can't optimize routes through a park.

      Jeri / JestrRulz

      In a message dated 8/31/2012 11:22:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time, brillig@... writes:
      > In any event, it sounds like MCP was not saying that Streets and Trips will
      > optimize the entire path through all the waypoints, just that it optimizes
      > the path between each pair of waypoints. I think it probably assumes you
      > entered or numbered the waypoints in the order in which you wish to
      > traverse
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic