40542Re: Texas Challenge 2014 Location Ideas

  • electric_water_boy
    Aug 9, 2012
      I'm on the same page with you their Julie. It'd be one thing if we had a state park that could meet every need, but we're limited there. I liked TC2009, which is why I ad suggested taking over a town to South Texas. What they're planning isn't exactly what I had in mind, but I think it would work better than my idea. Of course that may all change when we find out what the hide team has done.

      Anyway, I'm all for trying something new. Playing the same game on a very different playground could make the game a whole lot more interesting!

      EWB - Tom

      > Inks simply doesn't have the infrastructure to host a mega event. We
      > struggled to host 250 people the last time we were there in 2006. There
      > are no parking spaces, and no pavilions. I love Inks, but I think we've
      > outgrown them.
      >
      > Let's not limit ourselves to state parks! The 2009 Challenge was based at
      > the city park in Fredericksburg, with events staged out at Enchanted Rock
      > and around town. I felt like that was pretty successful. We need to
      > consider large recreation centers, fairgrounds, churches, schools, etc.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Julie
      > Mrs. Captain Picard
      >
      > On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Jana Fite <cybercat@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > On 8/8/2012 11:08 AM, electric_water_boy wrote:
      > >
      > > what's wrong with a repeat location? Inks Lake was a good spot......
      > >

      > > I would sure love to say at the 2013 Challenge where the 2014 Challenge
      > > will be, which doesn't give us much time. I've been thinking for months
      > > where we should have it and I keep going back to Inks Lake. We've already
      > > had one there, so I'm not sure we should do a repeat. If you've got a good
      > > place in mind, post up!
      > >
      > > EWB - Tom

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic