      From: "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Texas Challenge 2014 Location Ideas
      Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 22:44:49 -0500

      Inks simply doesn't have the infrastructure to host a mega event. �We struggled to host 250 people the last time we were there in 2006. �There are no parking spaces, and no pavilions. �I love Inks, but I think we've outgrown them.

      Let's not limit ourselves to state parks! �The 2009 Challenge was based at the city park in Fredericksburg, with events staged out at Enchanted Rock and around town. �I felt like that was pretty successful. �We need to consider large recreation centers, fairgrounds, churches, schools, etc. �

      Cheers,

      On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Jana Fite <cybercat@...> wrote:

      On 8/8/2012 11:08 AM, electric_water_boy wrote:

      what's wrong with a repeat location?� Inks Lake was a good spot......

      I would sure love to say at the 2013 Challenge where the 2014 Challenge will be, which doesn't give us much time. I've been thinking for months where we should have it and I keep going back to Inks Lake. We've already had one there, so I'm not sure we should do a repeat. If you've got a good place in mind, post up!

      EWB - Tom

      Woman is 57 But Looks 27
      ConsumerLifestyles.org
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic