      From: Rick Blevins <chemistrb@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New Geocaching Social Group

      The meet-up site charges organizers a monthly fee to set up any new group.  I paid for three months to see if there was any interest, but I don't want to continue paying the monthly service fee if others don't chip in.  I could carry the cost myself, but I thought I'd ask for the fee to recoup the cost.  My wife advised against it, and I'm on the fence, really, too.  I may stop that if it bugs too many people, but then I'm going to continue paying... so I don't know whats best.
      From: "chemist_kahuna" mailto:chemistrb@...
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 21:00:58 -0000

      Hi Y'all.  Actually I think the plural form is all y'all,
      I'm new to the area and didn't know about this discussion group.  I started a Meet-up group because where I came from there was a regular group of cachers that met for breakfast on weekends and then went out either on their way or to hit a few caches together.  The Meet-up group thing can fill the same function, without setting up an event cache for every meeting, and allowing people to come and go as they see fit.  Y'all, collectively and individually, are invited to join.  Actually, I'm not the best person to do this because I barely know how to use my GPS and often cant find the haystack, much less the needle.  So feel free to drop by and help out, or just pig out, for breakfast.  Or suggest other outings.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)